Get the most out of your WordPress blog…
Just about every WordPress website I have come across, including our customer websites, have a blog included as part of them.
This isn’t just because WordPress originally started as a blogging platform but actually it is one of the best ways to draw in clients, like-minded people and improve search engine listings.
So the next question is…how do I use my blog effectively?
The point of a blog is to inform people. This could be providing clients information about your business so that they feel connected to you. It could be sharing your knowledge with the world, allowing you to teach someone searching for your ideas.
Ultimately, you are attracting people to come to a place where you can build a relationship with them.
Here are a few really important parts of building a great blog:
- Provide useful information – what do your customers or potential customers need teaching that you can pass on?
- Make it useful – write articles that are targeted and likely to bring in the people you want to work with.
- Freebies – everyone likes free stuff! Start a competition, give free stuff if you are a designer, enrich your customers lives and give them a reason to come back.
- Keep it regular – blogging needs to be regular so that people know when to expect their daily or weekly dose of you!
- NEVER ignore your readers – if someone has taken the time to read your work and respond to you in the comments then make sure you reply to them personally!
There is a whole world to blogging – many people make a living out of it. Hopefully this article can help you work out how to make the most of yours.