Salary: £20,000 to £30,000 depending on experience
Closing Date: Not yet specified
At Illustrate Digital we are looking to expand our development team and provide exciting opportunities to one or more front-end developers who are interested in working with an experienced, specialist team. As a member of a WordPress Specialist Agency you should have good previous experience with developing websites or software. Experience in working with WordPress is non-essential for this role, as the team can help with plugging knowledge gaps on how your front-end work will be applied to the WordPress CMS.
The position is full-time at 5 days per week, work times are flexible and negotiable, as is the salary depending on experience.
All Illustrate Digital team members are entitled to 28 days holiday per year, including Bank Holidays, plus an extra day of holiday for your birthday.
Below are some of the learning attitudes that we require you to have as part of your role:
- Nobody knows everything and so we’re looking for developers who are hungry for knowledge and growth, but who are willing to go in search of that knowledge for themselves. Study, trying new things and not being afraid to break things and fix them again are vital to keeping good pace in a digital world that is changing by the day. We don’t just want to be catching up with the trend, we should be thought leaders who are working ahead of the curve.
- For the Illustrate Digital team it’s not all just about the technical elements. We’re looking for developers who are willing and ready to understand the needs of our clients so we can provide a tailored service with the best possible development. Be ready to not only observe and develop, but also make suggestions on how to improve what we’re offering.
Ideal Knowledge, Attitudes and Abilities
The best candidate for this role would have a real hunger for building the best websites you can and have a passion (even if a small one) for WordPress. Using GIT, Gulp, other modern technologies and various local development workflows is a core part of working with us. It’d be great to have experience building great customer experiences that don’t just focus on building a functional site but go beyond that to ensure every part of a website is crafted to excellence – CMS interfaces, post types, front-end user experience etc. You’ll be expected to show this in an interview if you claim that you’ve done it before.
You must be able to develop as part of a team. This will be important to ensure that you consider others at all times. This will mean solid commenting, great consideration for code structure and a willingness to adopt code guidelines and actively develop these in our growing team.
You should be willing to positively engage with a team who are looking for the best for our clients and each other. We are a fun team who love nothing more than to push each other forward so expect a friendly and challenging environment.
- At least 2 years development experience or 1 year direct experience with WordPress and WooCommerce development.
- Experienced and proficient with responsive design and development using Twitter Bootstrap.
- Love to build efficient and usable code that can be worked on by more than just yourself.
- Good communication skills.
- Great attention to detail and ability to manage you own time well.
- Becoming a part of our family and taking the lead on projects while working very closely with designers as well as clients from planning to delivery.
- You’re still getting in early. We are quickly growing as an agency and you will be a key part of that growth.
- We like to have fun. Sometimes offices are busy, but who doesn’t like to have fun? We recognise that we all work better when we enjoy where we work – it’s that simple really.
- Our office is a newly refurbished open-plan space in Cardiff Bay. It’s flooded with light and is a great, creative workspace.
- Mermaid Quay and the main part of Cardiff Bay are pretty much across the road so it’s a beautiful location to go for lunch or an after work celebration.
- We love to make our clients happy so you should expect to be dealing with people who are on your side.
Perks & Fun Stuff
- Company pension included.
- Free tea and Nespresso coffee.
- Beer Fridays (free drink from the boardroom fridge).
- Lunch Club on Fridays (team lunch out in The Bay).
- Day off for your birthday.
- Periodic days out for fun and team building and food.
- Flexible working hours.
- Working from home policy to request days of working at home.
Opportunities for Growth
We’re a growing digital agency, which means there will plenty of opportunities opening up for future growth. If you think you’ve got what it takes to grow beyond this advertised job role or can help us develop the agency in another way then please apply for this job, we’d love to chat to you.