Salary: £26,000 to £38,000
Closing Date: 1st April 2022
Location: Bristol, Cardiff or Remote (UK only)
If you love the idea of people using and enjoying the digital products you create, and are looking for the next challenge in your technical career, then this is a great opportunity for you.
Fed up of half-baked products and sloppy code, you’re likely seeking to work with an expert agency where you can be given projects that stretch your skills, encourage your successes and can engage in great peer discussions about continually improving the products you build.
When considering this role, some of the key traits/skills/experiences you may possess are:
- a proven career in website development, software engineering or similar roles
- a good understanding of the WordPress platforms, as well as other PHP frameworks such as Laravel, and how modifications can be achieved in the most effective way
- a problem solver who is comfortable finding solutions to technical challenges on a regular basis
- commercial understanding of scoping and costing projects
- able to self-manage your time and workload, working with project managers and stakeholders to provide data and feedback of your work and ensure that projects are delivered on-time and on-budget
- experience working with version controlling
- good communication skills and the ability to work and collaborate as part of a team
- taking pride in your work and the team you’re a part of
- maintaining social connection and good communication even virtually
- comfortable coaching and encouraging junior developers, as well as taking the lead on projects you’re involved in
About The Role
You’ll be joining one of the go-to agencies in the UK with a reputation for excellence in delivery of WordPress websites and solutions. We’re pushing the limits of the platform further each day and we’re looking for an experienced developer to help us to implement and innovate.
Engineers at Illustrate Digital are well respected members of the team who bring solutions together in WordPress, adding a great deal of value to the agency and to our clients. We’re looking for someone who is keen to work on innovative solutions for websites, software and integrations.
The best person for this role is someone who believes in the importance of doing things well, to a high standard and who would be keen to bring their experience and help implement new processes, creative ideas and innovative practices to help their teammates to succeed.
About Illustrate Digital
We came together to form Illustrate Digital through a common frustration with the bad habits and lack of craftsmanship we were noticing had started to give the web industry a bad name. We’d like nothing more than to put an end to the all too common pain points experienced by brands with other agencies.
We’re here to be different, as an extension of a clients’ business, helping them to achieve their goals by sharing our expertise and backing them in driving to the next level.
Split across our offices in Bristol and Cardiff, as well a remote team across the UK, working as part of Illustrate Digital is a progressive and dynamic experience. We’re a social bunch who like to keep well connected and who thrive off a good amount of banter. Not forgetting to mention that we love producing great work that everyone on the team can be proud of.
Here are some of the perks and benefits of working with us:
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home or remotely
- An extra day of holiday for your birthday
- An extra week of holiday at Christmas
- Apple computer equipment provided
- Cycle Scheme available
- Company pension included
- Brilliant locations to work from in Bristol Temple Meads and Cardiff Bay
- Free tea and coffee at our office locations
- Lunch Club on Fridays (currently unavailable due to Covid restrictions)
- Periodic days out for fun and team building and food (currently unavailable due to Covid restrictions)
How To Apply
If you’re keen to be interviewed for this role please apply via Indeed at the following address: https://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Illustrate-Digital/jobs