Junior Support Technician
Salary: National Living Wage
Closing Date: 30th September 2021
Note to recruiters: we currently do not accept candidates put forward by recruitment agencies and will not be responding to emails received by recruiters.
Location: Cardiff or Remote (Wales only)
Contract: 25 Hours per Week, Minimum 6 Month Contract
This role we are hiring for is part of the UK Government’s Kickstart initiative, aiming to help get young people between the ages of 16 and 24 into employment. It aims to help learn new skills and offers a good opportunity to take the first step towards specialising in a sector or certain role.
In applying for this role you must be 16-24, not currently employed and whilst this position is initially offered as a remote role during the Covid-19 pandemic, we require that you must currently be based somewhere in Wales.
As someone who loves technology, is a logical thinker and likes to solve technical challenges, a Junior Support Technician at Illustrate Digital has the opportunity to test and maintain web experiences that add value to businesses and end-users.
If you love the idea of learning about new advancements in web technology and helping to keep websites running smoothly, then this is a great opportunity for you.
We’re looking for someone young and enthusiastic living in Wales to join the growing team at Illustrate Digital. Someone who wants to get stuck in and learn to work directly on client websites, with industry-leading back-end systems, integrations and front-end experiences.
When considering this role, some of the key traits/skills/experiences you may possess are:
- a passion for technology and desire to learn more about the inner workings of high quality web applications
- able to self-manage your time and workload, working with the Head of Support as well as project managers to provide feedback of your work and ensure that websites are well tested and in a timely manner
- an eye for detail and keen to ensure things are done well
- good communication skills and the ability to work and collaborate as part of a team
- taking pride in your work and the team you’re a part of
- maintaining social connection and good communication even virtually
About The Role
You’ll be joining one of the go-to agencies in the UK with a reputation for excellence in delivery of WordPress websites and solutions.
We’re looking for someone who wants to learn about website technology and whilst you may not have existing experience, you’ll have the opportunity to grow and learn as part of one of Wales’ leading agencies.
In taking up the role you’ll receive full support and training in how to carry out these website updates, as well as to learn basic coding skills including PHP, HTML, CSS and help with understanding different web frameworks.
You’ll also receive employability support by one of our senior team members, including monthly career and goal setting meetings to help you to succeed beyond the initial six month employment period.
Support Technicians at Illustrate Digital are well respected members of the team who regularly test and update websites, keeping them running smoothly and always operating on the latest version of their software.
The best person for this role is someone who believes in the importance of doing things well, to a high standard and who would be keen to learn and to take their first steps into a good career in digital technology.
About Illustrate Digital
We came together to form Illustrate Digital through a common frustration with the bad habits and lack of craftsmanship we were noticing had started to give the web industry a bad name. We’d like nothing more than to put an end to the all too common pain points experienced by brands with other agencies.
We’re here to be different, as an extension of a clients’ business, helping them to achieve their goals by sharing our expertise and backing them in driving to the next level.
Split across our offices in Bristol and Cardiff, as well a remote team across the UK, working as part of Illustrate Digital is a progressive and dynamic experience. We’re a social bunch who like to keep well connected and who thrive off a good amount of banter. Not forgetting to mention that we love producing great work that everyone on the team can be proud of.
Here are some of the perks and benefits of working with us:
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home or remotely
- An extra day of holiday for your birthday
- An extra week of holiday at Christmas
- Apple computer equipment provided
- Cycle Scheme available
- Company pension included
- Brilliant locations to work from in Bristol Temple Meads and Cardiff Bay
- Free tea and coffee at our office locations
- Lunch Club on Fridays (currently unavailable due to Covid restrictions)
- Periodic days out for fun and team building and food (currently unavailable due to Covid restrictions)
How To Apply
If you’re keen to be interviewed for this role please apply via Indeed at the following address: https://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Illustrate-Digital/jobs