WordPress Support Technician
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000
Closing Date: 29th September 2021
Note to recruiters: we currently do not accept candidates put forward by recruitment agencies and will not be responding to emails received by recruiters.
Location: Cardiff or Remote
Contract: Full-time, 37.5 Hours Per Week
WordPress Support Technicians at Illustrate Digital are logical thinkers and they get their kicks from solving technical challenges. If you love the idea of working with a talented team, developing new advancements in web technology and helping to keep websites running smoothly, then this is a great opportunity for you.
We’re looking for someone enthusiastic and driven to join the growing team at Illustrate Digital. Someone who wants to get stuck in and learn to work directly on client websites, with industry-leading back-end systems, integrations and front-end experiences.
About The Role
You’ll be joining one of the go-to agencies in the UK with a reputation for excellence in delivery of WordPress websites and solutions. We’re pushing the limits of the platform further each day and we’re looking for an experienced WordPress professional to help us support our clients and team alike.
Support Technicians at Illustrate Digital are well respected members of the team who regularly test and update websites, keeping them running smoothly and always operating on the latest version of their software, as well as diagnosing and fixing technical issues.
The best person for this role is someone who believes in the importance of doing things well, to a high standard and who would be keen to bring their experience and help implement new processes, technical solutions and innovative practices to help their teammates to succeed.
More About The Position
- You’ll be in charge of handling monthly software/plugin updates for the websites we maintain, across a varied client base.
- Not only will you be a key member of the team for troubleshooting, we’re counting on you to help us continually improve our support processes, and deliver an excellent level of service to all clients.
- You should be able to tackle the majority of support requests on your own, but we do have a team of talented engineers and WordPress specialists for when you need assistance.
- You’ll be given a lot of autonomy, but the expectations are high, the challenges are many, and the learning is constant.
- Ability to self-manage your time and workload, working with the Support Lead as well as project managers to provide feedback of your work and ensure that websites are well tested and in a timely manner
- A good knowledge of WordPress and its core components; themes, plugins, settings, and how everything works together.
- An eye for detail and keen to ensure things are done well
- Good communication skills and the ability to work and collaborate as part of a team
- A basic understanding of PHP and how it’s used by WordPress (you don’t need to be an expert, but should be able to start troubleshooting common issues)
- 1 year or more of experience working directly with WordPress
- An understanding of other PHP frameworks, such as Laravel
- A good understanding of mail servers and experience of troubleshooting related issues
- Hands-on experience with WooCommerce
- Familiarity with WordPress hosting environments and common configurations
- An understanding of working with git workflows
About Illustrate Digital
We came together to form Illustrate Digital through a common frustration with the bad habits and lack of craftsmanship we were noticing had started to give the web industry a bad name. We’d like nothing more than to put an end to the all too common pain points experienced by brands with other agencies.
We’re here to be different, as an extension of a clients’ business, helping them to achieve their goals by sharing our expertise and backing them in driving to the next level.
Split across our offices in Bristol and Cardiff, as well a remote team across the UK, working as part of Illustrate Digital is a progressive and dynamic experience. We’re a social bunch who like to keep well connected and who thrive off a good amount of banter. Not forgetting to mention that we love producing great work that everyone on the team can be proud of.
Here are some of the perks and benefits of working with us:
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home or remotely
- An extra day of holiday for your birthday
- An extra week of holiday at Christmas
- Apple computer equipment provided
- Cycle Scheme available
- Company pension included
- Brilliant locations to work from in Bristol Temple Meads and Cardiff Bay
- Free tea and coffee at our office locations
- Lunch Club on Fridays (currently unavailable due to Covid restrictions)
- Periodic days out for fun and team building and food (currently unavailable due to Covid restrictions)
How To Apply
If you’re keen to be interviewed for this role please apply via Indeed at the following address: https://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Illustrate-Digital/jobs