Our Diversity Story
We’re incredibly proud of our diversity at Illustrate Digital. Admittedly, for most of our years, we hadn’t carved out an intentional track to become the diverse business that we are. However in the last few years we have recognised the disparity in our industry and actively worked to close those gaps when opportunities have presented themselves to do so.
We also recognise that there’s a lot more that can be done and a long way to go in the industry as a whole, to recognise talent and to hire individuals who are representative of our society and of the end-users we’re working hard to build websites and software applications for.
Where We Are Today
The people we hire are the reason we are one of the market leaders in our field, so we wanted to share some of our current statistics with you, to show the progress we’ve made and how proud we are to be a diverse business; one of the main drivers behind our successful results.
Last updated: 2nd July 2020
- Our team is made up of exactly 50% men and 50% women.
- 66% of our directors are women, making a majority female leadership.
- Out of our full team 32% are not originally from the UK.
Our Equality and Diversity Policy is simple and exists not due to a legal requirement, but because we value people as equal within our business and any of its subsidiaries.
The following statement helps to summarise our position in a number of areas, whether between colleagues, with client relationships, suppliers, partners or on our social media channels. We will not tolerate acts of unlawful or unfair discrimination against any individual based on the following protected characteristics:
- Race (including ethnic origin, colour, nationality and national origin)
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Marriage and civil partnership
- Gender reassignment
- Sexual orientation
- Religion and or belief
Improving How We Hire
We are also committed to actively promoting diversity through our hiring of new team members at Illustrate Digital. The following areas are key goals for how we approach the hiring process:
- We strategically position ourselves as a diverse business and promote this diversity as part of our outward marketing as a business. This may not be as direct as using statements such as “we are diverse” or listing the ways in which we promote equality, however it does mean that consideration is made for the individuals we use when promoting ourselves using imagery or who we choose to represent us at industry conferences and in client pitches or meetings.
- We understand that during the hiring process not all candidates look or sound the same on paper and that some individuals may sound less confident or capable in writing or even in person due to socio-economic background and other factors such as where English is not their first language. We intentionally and actively adjust our shortlisting and interview decisions for this and practice continual learning to improve our open mindedness and diversity throughout the hiring process.
Working With Us
If you’re interested in finding out more about what it’s like to work at Illustrate Digital, or to view our available roles, you can find more information on our Careers page.
Likewise if you’re keen to work with an agency who think differently and bring a unique blend of ideas to the table, you can find out more about what we do on our Services page.